Thursday, June 11, 2015

Vintage Typewriter Cart Makeover

The other day I was out "shopping" with a friend and I came across this vintage (1950's-60's) vintage typewriter cart. You are not going to believe what they had it priced at! Fifty CENTS! I was shocked. It was not the most beautiful, but it certainly had character. I just knew I could make it a project. 
Picture
I have a confession...I have some major commitment issues! It took me DAYS to pick a paint color for this. Luckily, I had enough to do to keep me busy in the mean time. I had to take the whole thing apart and sand it down. I only sanded enough to rough up the metal. Being me, I decided to just go with black. I wasn't sure where I wanted to put it yet and black could go just about anywhere. It took two coats of paint to get the finish I wanted.
Picture
Above is the final product! I really didn't like how the painted shelf for the bottom turned out, so I didn't put it back in. I am thinking it could be cute to get a glass shelf to replace the one I didn't put back. I could fit two shelves down below. I am also on the look out for a metal basket to put on the bottom shelf.

Notice the beautiful black mirror above the sofa? That was a $1 thrift store find (I made it over of course!)

Hope you enjoyed! Stop back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment