Thursday, June 11, 2015

Projects, Projects, and More Projects

Welcome back everyone! I went on a bit of a crafting craze and have not posted about any of it. Let's just say the more stress I am under, the more I craft. The last couple of months have been very busy at school and the kids have been in a bit of a funk since Christmas. I am planning to get in the habit of posting projects as I work on them, but for tonight I am mostly just sharing some eye candy. 
This is actually the first table runner I have done. It was a Friday night project. I really like the colors, but it needed some more quilting. It is a bit "puffy".
Picture
Picture
"The Tree Skirt" I have worked on this tree skirt on and off for two years! How ridiculous is that?! It was meant to be a quick project. I do most of my quilting for big projects on my aunts long arm quilting machine...with that being said, up until recently I only did big projects. So, when I started quilting this on my home machine I got frustrated and kept putting it off. But in the spirit of reducing stress and accomplishing little things I finished it!
This project was full of firsts, mostly because I was feeling a little bored with my life. I was ready to try something new. This is the first project I appliqued, embroidered, and free motion quilted. My mom gave me her old machine months ago (it's nothing fancy, but it's a little bigger than mine). My machine I use most of the time is only a 3/4 machine, so it didn't have the ability to do free motion quilting. Since, I finally brought my mom's home and bought a free motion quilting foot I just had to give it a try. I am not so proud of my ability to "square up" this wall hanging. It doesn't look so crooked when it is actually on the wall.
Picture
Picture
For Christmas my husband bought me a tablet (which it turns out won't work for blogging). I was so excited to make a case for it. I actually made the case before I even got the tablet. I made sure to put a pouch to hold headphones, the charger, and USB cables. This was also the first time I ever covered a button! I plan on doing a tutorial on how I made this sometime in the next month. I am just waiting for the perfect fabric.
Picture
Picture
Let me tell you, these wreaths are so incredibly easy to make! Even better than that, these are actually the same wreath. I made it so that I can decorate it for the seasons without having to store multiple wreaths. I also love the look of burlap. I have NEVER made one before and it only took me 15 minutes IN THE CAR! I think that next year for Christmas everyone I know will be getting on of these! Tutorial to come!
The biggest for last! This year for Christmas I made my parents a quilt. My parents have four dogs. All four dogs are labs. I think it is funny, because they had four kids too. We joke that as we moved out they replaced each of us with a dog. Anyway, I tell you this because I decided to make them this quilt two weeks before Christmas all because I saw this lab fabric and it was just so them! Needless to say the quilt was a hit. It came together super fast. I started cutting around five in the afternoon one day and had it pieced by ten that night. I did add the two borders, I really think the quilt needed them even though the pattern didn't call for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment