Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt Blocks (Block 1)

I am not very good at summer. During the school year in moments of great stress, I like everyone else, will sometimes count the days until summer. But once it is here I get bored quickly. I know I shouldn't be complaining but it is true. Of course there are things I could be doing. There are even a few things I SHOULD be doing. But I have ALL summer. That being said I need a long term project that is going to take me a while. Something that I can just work on without having to decide what to work on. I think I have found the perfect thing. I LOVE a good sampler and so I have decided to tackle all 100 of Tulia Pink's blocks from her book 100 Modern Quilt Blocks. I will post them as I complete them. If you are looking for a new project it would be fun to have you working on the blocks at the same time! If you have already made these blocks do you have any suggestions?

I plan to use mostly scraps for the blocks in this quilt and some small yardage I already have in my stash, but I may need to purchase some fabric as I go.

Here is block 1! It went together quickly and easily. The best thing was that it is such a small block I was able to use up some of my small scraps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment