Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Ugly Office Chair Makeover

Today I went to the thrift store to "drop off" the things that didn't sell at the garage sale...really that was just an excuse and anyone who knows me would see right through it. I love to go to thrift stores. I am always looking for a fun project. Today I found one!

I walked in the door and saw two of these chairs for $5 each.


 
 
I thought, "Ugh. Those are ugly, they remind me of dorm chairs!" Then I kept searching the store and found this upholstery fabric. Suddenly I was thinking, "Maybe those chairs have potential!"
 
 
 
I walked out of the store with both chairs and the fabric for $15. Then I had to go buy spray paint. All said and done I have $25 in these chairs.
 

You'll notice one has black upholstery on the arms and one does not. I scratched the paint on that one...big time. Ooops...instead of removing or trying to cover the fabric to repaint I just covered the scratches. I don't think I am going to use them in the same space, so I am not to worried about them not being exactly the same. Below is just one more picture.


Isn't it pretty? Have a terrific Tuesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment