Saturday, June 13, 2015

Mister's Favorite Desert Recipe- Peanut Butter Bars


I can't believe I didn't post these sooner! Everyone loves scotcharoos...peanut butter cups are also a favorite. There is just something about the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. This is the perfect pan of bars. If you're like me you don't always have caro syrup on hand. I usually have to buy it specially when I am making scotcharoos. These bars still have the great flavor, but without the difficult ingredients. If you like a crunchier bar spread them into a 9X13 if you like a thicker chewier bar use a 9x9. I fall into the second category I like my bars thicker.





Ingredients:
1 Egg
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Butter
1/2 C Peanut Butter
1 TSP Vanilla
1 C Flour
1/2 C Oatmeal
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 Cup Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Mix egg, sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla. Add flour, oatmeal, and baking soda. Mix. Spread into pan size of your choice. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Are you ready for the best trick ever? When the bars are done turn off your oven. Pull out the bars and sprinkle your chocolate chips on the top. Stick them back in the oven with the door open slightly for about two minutes. Pull them back out and the chocolate will spead easily. That means no dirtying an extra pan or risking burnt chocolate! Let them cool and enjoy with a cold glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment