Thursday, June 11, 2015

Star Table Runner

It's a rainy evening here in Wisconsin. I was trying to relax on my deck and read a couple of my favorite quilt blogs but it started to rain. That was just what I needed to get me to come inside and finish up the table runner for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.
Picture
Picture
I made three of this block and sewed them together. I did minimal quilting since she prefers more traditional styles of quilting. I basically sewed 1/4 inch away from the center square of each block and called it good. It is really just enough to hold it all in place.

If you don't need another table runner (who can't use a table runner?!) you could also use it as a wall hanging to decorate a narrow space like in the picture to the right.

This is a pretty easy project. It could be done in a night if it needed to be. If you wanted something more intricate you could do a designed block for the inner block or fussy cut a favorite large scale print.

No comments:

Post a Comment