Thursday, June 11, 2015

More Projects

I keep saying that I am going to be better about updating, but I haven't been. The truth is I think about updating nearly everyday. I am just normally on my tablet, which I can't blog from. To blog I have to dig out my four year old laptop...which I am planning to keep in my bedside stand, so I can blog while I lay in bed waiting to fall asleep! I think this is going to work! Since I have last posted I have completed a baby blanket, a bag, and a small wall hanging. I have also started a sampler following the tutorials on Sewn By Leila. I have picked and chosen. I have also added some other fun blocks I wanted to try.

I will start with the bag. I finally found a cute and unique project for my raccoons! This project took around 8-10 hours all together. It was not as complicated as I was afraid it would be and has held up really well so far. Turned out better than I could have imagined!
Picture
Picture
After completing the bag I was contacted by my sister in law about helping make a quilt for my other sister in law who is expecting a baby girl in just a few weeks. She picked out the fabric and pattern, I did the piecing, tied, and binded the quilt. This quilt was a quick project and could be done in a weekend.
Picture
Picture
Picture
This quilt was backed with minky...which I was despising the idea of sewing, but it turned out to not be so bad. I used a walking foot and took it slow. It didn't stretch at all and turned out beautifully.

The quilt has been delivered and is all ready for this baby girl :)
Towards the end of winter I made this springy wall hanging. I had found inspiration on pinterest on this site. I did not purchase a pattern, I just winged it. I think it turned out great! I only used 1/4 yard of the white and an eighth of the green and blues. You could make the house and bird from scraps.
Picture
Finally is the sampler I have been working on. Most of the blocks have come fromSewn By Leila, but some have come from other sites. First I will share some of my favorite blocks. I paper pieced LOVE using my own template, but got the idea fromSew Mama Sew. I got the idea for the tree here. If you keep looking below my favorites there is a picture of all my completed blocks together. I plan on making at least five more. I wish I had a design wall so I could get a better picture...but you get the idea.
Picture
I hope you enjoyed my projects and found a little inspiration! I would love to see or hear about what you are working on! Feel free to email me at kategoss91@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment