Monday, August 24, 2015

Ham and Cheese Tortellini

Today I just have another recipe for you to try! I have to confess that when my husband and I moved in together shortly before our wedding I did some pretty basic cooking. I have also enjoyed cooking but had stuck to the basics. Meaning we had spaghetti, hamburgers, tacos, chicken nuggets, etc. Nothing new and pretty boring. I would repeat those meals many times each month and it got OLD very fast. A couple years ago I began branching out and started trying some new things. At first my husband was a little resistant and I was the only one eating most of what I made but eventually he started to try the foods I made... with one rule...I don't tell him what's really in it. If you asked him he would tell you that he wouldn't eat onion, sour cream, cream cheese, ranch, and the list goes on and on. Now, he willingly eats all of those foods in recipes. He tries at least one bite of everything I make. Not all the recipes I find are winners but this one sure was! I haven't tried a new recipe that went over this well in a while. Here is the link http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/ham-cheese-tortellini.html.

Changes I made: I used shredded Colby Jack cheese instead of the kinds she had listed, I also don't have an oven save frying pan, so I made it on the stove then poured it in a casserole pan before adding the top layer of cheese and broiling it to a golden crispy perfection!

In my opinion this is ALMOST the perfect comfort food. The only thing that COULD make it better would be some crunchy ritz crackers on top! Can you say, "yum!"

On that note I am looking for some new recipes this one is going to be added to my collection but I am open to your favorites as well. Post a link or a recipe in the comments if you have a good one or you can email me at kategoss91@gmail.com!

PS I promise pictures in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment