Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day Tripper 2.0

I have fantastic news! You know the bag I said I was making back in this post... well I finished it tonight. It turned out better than I expected. The bag itself is very padded. Turns out it is meant to be a case, but I really like the structure of it. If you waned something less padded and protected you could use the same pattern with a different type of interfacing. The only other modifications I made were leaving off the zipper pulls and not making the strap adjustable. Let's be realistic. I NEVER adjust the straps on my bags anyway.

 
And check out this fancy zipper!

 
 
 
This whole project took me less than five hours start to finish. I highly recommend this bag. It has a very similar appearance to a thirty one bag. I have already come up with all the minor modifications I would need to make in order for it to be nearly the same bag! Here is a link to where you can get the pattern. https://www.byannie.com/shop/product/daytripper-2-crossbody-case/. If you happen to be from Southwest Wisconsin you can also pick the pattern up at The Quilt Peddler.
 
I would love to see pictures if you decide to make one! Stay tuned to see what I will be making next!

No comments:

Post a Comment